Blogs > Lighten Up with Kate

34-year-old Kate Bloom, of Willoughby, has plenty of support in her journey to get healthy. She wants to get back to being the active person she was as a youngster.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Food Love

As I’ve mentioned before, this is not my first time losing weight.  So, this time, I am going to pay extra attention to what is successful for me and what is not.  Of course, the exercise helps, but that is a given.  And of course, eating less calories works, but that too is a given.  The difference, this time, is that I am not depriving myself of too much.  In the past, I was on diets that were very restrictive.  I could live with them for a while, but inevitably I’d fall off the wagon and put the weight back on.  I’d spend all my time thinking about everything I wasn’t supposed to eat.  This time I am embracing food.  I love food and I’m not ashamed to say it.  I also love to cook, so this has been very fun for me. 

                This weekend, I went to the West side market and I bought all kinds of really strange fruits and vegetables that I have never cooked with before.  For instance kohlrabi (a type of turnip) is a new veggie for me, but is fantastic.  I’m accepting the fact that I enjoy to eat and cook and learn about food, but have to make better choices.  I actually enjoy eating healthier home cooked meals than I do fast food or boxed meals.  I think I will be more inclined to keep this up because I am spending my time thinking about all of the wonderful things there are to eat in this world rather than dwelling on the small subset of foods I’m not supposed to eat.   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home