Blogs > Lighten Up with Kate

34-year-old Kate Bloom, of Willoughby, has plenty of support in her journey to get healthy. She wants to get back to being the active person she was as a youngster.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday - Not Food Funday!

This weekend was a little difficult.  We attended a Super Bowl party on Sunday and of course there was tons of food.  Specifically tons of my “trouble” food.  My “trouble” food is anything that is wrapped in croissant dough, dripping with cheese, or served on a cracker from a crock pot.  So basically, everything that was there.  I made sure I packed myself snacks and meals because I knew that if I even had one of anything that would lead to more and more.  My pre-planning did the trick.  During the party, I felt a little left out.  Everyone was munching and drinking and I was eating hummus and veggies and drinking flavored seltzer water.  But on Monday morning when I got on the scale and saw that I had lost a couple more pounds, it was all worth it.  The feeling of losing the weight far exceeded any satisfaction I would have received from eating and drinking at the party. 

I did not make it to the gym Saturday or Sunday, but I guess I’m ok with that.  I made sure I was active on those days, but decided I’d rather spend more time with my step-daughters.  We went to the park and played Wii Dance III.  I’m surprised at what a good workout that was.   I was back on track Monday morning.  I went to the gym twice and then on Tuesday I took a spinning class.  This morning I got on the elliptical for 40 minutes and plan on hitting the gym at lunch-time. 

                I’ve been having good luck with keeping track of my food intake with FitDay.com.  I’m definitely feeling more energetic and haven’t been overly hungry.  So far, everything is good and my motivation is on track. 

               

 

 

2 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Great job, keep it up!!!

February 8, 2012 at 6:00 AM 
Anonymous Carrie said...

Good job with sticking to it on Sunday. I am so proud of you! I'll bet you felt better than everyone on Monday!
Way to go Kate!

February 8, 2012 at 1:36 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home