Blogs > Lighten Up with Kate

34-year-old Kate Bloom, of Willoughby, has plenty of support in her journey to get healthy. She wants to get back to being the active person she was as a youngster.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Challenge Begins

Just a couple more days until one of the biggest secrets of my life will be revealed…MY WEIGHT!  I can’t remember the last time I shared that with anyone except my doctor.  We weighed in on Sunday and the number horrified me.  I couldn’t believe how much weight I had gained and that the whole world was going to know.  But then I remembered why I am doing this.  Some might think it is motivation by humiliation, but it’s more than that.  I want to show myself and everyone else that I can do this. 

My approach is simple.  I plan on eating a low calorie well balanced diet and exercising my behind off……literally.  My goal is to become a healthier person.  I recently started taking medicine for my blood pressure and for high cholesterol.  I’d like to get off both of those medications and not have to worry about those things. 

I think one of the biggest challenges is to weed through all of the information on weight loss and fitness and figure out what works.  Some say plant based whole foods are the only way to go.  Others say high protein and low carbs are the only way.  Do you do all cardio or is lifting weights a necessity?  I plan on taking this opportunity to figure out what method will be the most effective for me. 

 

 

 

 

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

one sweaty day at a time!! You go girl!

February 6, 2012 at 7:56 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you Kate!! One of the most courageous, determined, and humble women I know. You've got this one in the bag!! Coll

February 6, 2012 at 11:07 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home