Blogs > Lighten Up with Kate

34-year-old Kate Bloom, of Willoughby, has plenty of support in her journey to get healthy. She wants to get back to being the active person she was as a youngster.

Friday, February 3, 2012

T.G.I.F

So, I made it through my first official week!  I’m feeling good and extremely motivated.  I’ve been eating really well and at the gym every day.  But, I’m about to head into a difficult weekend.  I love football and am attending a Super Bowl party at a friend’s house on Sunday.  We all know what that means…food…beer….and more food!  I’ve made the decision that I’m not going to drink or eat anything at the party.  I’m going to bring my own food and hope that my pre-planning will stop any unnecessary munching.  I’m feeling pretty strong now and I hope that holds true for the weekend. 

I’ve been to the gym 8 times so far this week and plan on going Saturday and Sunday too.  I’ve been going to the gym since early January and can already tell that I am in better shape.  I’m not going to lie and say that it doesn’t hurt a little still, but it’s getting easier to talk myself into going.  I took a Zumba class this afternoon and it was a lot of fun.  It’s kind of a Latin Dance/Aerobics type of class.  By far, the most difficult class I took this week was Power Pilates.  I was sore in places I didn’t even know I had.  My mom’s friend, Jane,  teaches the class and is tough as nails.  I love her and will definitely be going back for more “punishment”.  I also took a couple of Spinning classes which were difficult too.  My behind seems to hurt a little less each time I go, so I figure I’m making progress.  They say that eventually it won’t hurt at all, but I’m not sure how that works.  Do you get callouses?  Do you build muscles there?  I’m not sure.  I’m hoping it’s muscles.

 

 

6 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Congratulations beautiful girl on your journey to a Healthier you. I'm there for you anytime!!! Good luck today @ your Super Bowl party, remember it's about friends and fun -0 calories in that. -- Jane

February 5, 2012 at 8:59 AM 
Blogger triguyjt said...

Kate, I am really proud of you for taking the bold step forward to a healthier life. You have lots of friends who are pulling for you. If there is anything I can do to help...go for a walk with you..you name it... Let me know.

February 5, 2012 at 9:23 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate - you are brave! I wanted to share with you what a friend once told me... instead of thinking about sore muscles think of the pain as weakness leaving your body! You go girl! ~Ashley Preto

February 6, 2012 at 10:47 AM 
Blogger Shaun said...

Butt callouses. Heh.

Our schedules must not be jiving, I haven't seen you at the gym. Looking for some convo 'cause cardio is so boring...

February 6, 2012 at 11:28 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is wonderful Kate!!!! Stay strong, positive, and motivated! You can do it!!! In the end..will be your biggest accomplishment!!!! xoxoxo Jessica Braun!!!

February 6, 2012 at 1:36 PM 
Anonymous Maggie Wank said...

Of course you know I'm proud of you. I know your determination will help you be successful. Stay focused and you can't help but do well.

Love,

Mom

February 7, 2012 at 9:55 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home