Blogs > Lighten Up with Kate

34-year-old Kate Bloom, of Willoughby, has plenty of support in her journey to get healthy. She wants to get back to being the active person she was as a youngster.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

So Far, So Good

I was talking to my brother on the phone today and I was discussing how I am having some difficulty blogging.  I guess I was asking myself….why are my opinions/ideas important enough to write about each week?  Is it pretentious to think that everyone would want to read my blog?  Then I started reading everyone else’s blog and it occurred to me that I found them motivating and interesting.  It would seem that we are all in a similar situation and knowing that is somehow comforting. 

As far as diet and exercise…..things are going well.  I have been keeping my daily caloric intake between 1200 and 1400.  I did have a little difficulty keeping my food in check yesterday, but was able to manage it.  I don’t know why, but I was carb crazy yesterday.  My solution to this, was simple.  I ate some carbs.  My caloric intake for the day was within the range I wanted, I just ate a little less protein.  If anyone has any good recipes, please send them my way.  I love to cook, so the more interesting the better.   I’m going to make an effort to learn more about herbs and spices and how to pair them with the appropriate foods.  I’ll keep you posted on how that is going. 

I’m going to try to make it to the gym today, but am a little apprehensive as it is snowing like crazy out there.  If not, I guess there is always shoveling the driveway for exercise.  Somehow, that doesn’t sound as appealing as watching television on the elliptical in the dry gym. 

  

2 Comments:

Blogger Joe B said...

I find it very motivating that my wife is not only trying to make a difference in her life but motivate someone elses. I'v very proud of her and wish her the best.

February 11, 2012 at 9:06 AM 
Blogger Jane said...

You never know who might inspire -- Me!

February 12, 2012 at 12:36 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home