Blogs > Lighten Up with Kate

34-year-old Kate Bloom, of Willoughby, has plenty of support in her journey to get healthy. She wants to get back to being the active person she was as a youngster.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Happy Baby

My sister-in-law and brother are taking classes to become Yoga instructors and one of their assignments was to teach a yoga class to family and friends.  So my mom, my husband, and I went to their house last Thursday to take a class.  My husband and I have never taken a yoga class before, but my mom is an old pro.  She even had yoga socks on?  I didn’t even know they made special socks for yoga.  We really didn’t know what to expect, but were pretty much game for anything.  The class was much more fun than I expected.  The class was pretty elementary as we are newbies, but it was still very relaxing and I got a really good stretch.  We did a little laughing as some of the poses were kind of funny.  Imagine my 6’5” 260 pound husband doing the “happy baby” pose.  He is always a really good sport when it comes to the wacky things my family does.  I couldn’t ask for a more supportive or amazing spouse to help me through this journey. 

I was very impressed with both my brother and sister-in-law and their yoga and teaching skills.  We decided to have a class every Thursday night.  I also want to throw in that my dad bailed out on this week’s class, so here in print I am throwing down the gauntlet.  So dad, I hope you will step up and throw those legs in the air for “happy baby.” 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home