Blogs > Lighten Up with Kate

34-year-old Kate Bloom, of Willoughby, has plenty of support in her journey to get healthy. She wants to get back to being the active person she was as a youngster.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Ridiculous!

I wanted to share a lesson I learned the other morning.  I went to breakfast with my husband and ordered two poached eggs and two pieces of dry wheat toast.  I eat egg whites all week and typically treat myself to a couple whole eggs on the weekend.  So the eggs were terribly undercooked, so I had a choice to make.  Send them back (not really my style) or figure something else out.  Well the breakfast came with hashbrowns, which I hadn’t planned on eating, but now that I wasn’t eating the eggs I figured the hashbrowns would be a comparable substitute.  So I ate them.  I won’t lie, they were really good.  Then I went home to put my meal into my trusty on-line food tracker only to find out that they were 411 calories.  I couldn’t believe it.  I’m usually pretty well versed in how many calories are in what, but I was so wrong on this one.  For 411 calories I could have had a whole meal and a snack.  Ridiculous!  Next time, I’ll send the eggs back. 

So the weight is coming off at a pretty good clip and I like that.  I guess it is sort of the point of all of this.  I am a little beat from the working out, but I think that is to be expected.  From what I hear, it gets easier, but I’m not sure I buy that.  I have noticed that I am sleeping much better.  Instead of waking up through the night, I am sleeping more soundly.  I am also noticing that my clothes are a little looser.  These are the things that keep me going until I can really see a major difference. 

   

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work, Kate!! Eating healthy is not only a challenge in itself, but expensive as well. Hang in there! The actual work out will always be hard, but you will start to feel so good and have so much energy! I can't wait til this baby comes, so I can get back into hard core training myself. Keep your head up. So proud of you! ~Tarlyn~

February 15, 2012 at 12:14 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home