Blogs > Lighten Up with Kate

34-year-old Kate Bloom, of Willoughby, has plenty of support in her journey to get healthy. She wants to get back to being the active person she was as a youngster.

Monday, March 5, 2012

I'm a Lucky Lady!

When I walked into work this morning I got the warmest welcome from so many people.  They had all read the article that Laura Kessel wrote yesterday.  The article was basically an overview of the first month’s Lighten Up achievements.  I’m not sure why, but I was surprised at how many people had read the article.  Jean (one of my co-workers and friend) brought me a copy and congratulated me while many others commented on how well I was doing.  I count myself incredibly lucky to have such an incredible group of people who support me.  My co-workers, my family, and friends have been so supportive and helpful throughout this process.   

For instance, we frequently go to my parent’s house for meals,  and my mom is just incredible.  My dad, brother, and sister-in-law are all eating predominately vegan cuisine,  my husband is a meat and potatoes guy, and I am eating really low calorie meals.  She literally prepares three different meals to accommodate everyone’s dietary needs.

I also wanted to share that I got a call from my Aunt Patricia yesterday, after she read the article.  She said that the article helped to motivate her and that she would be following my blog.  It really touched me to think that what I am doing is not only going to make me a happier and healthier person, but that maybe my writing about it could help others. 

I am so lucky to have been chosen for this contest, I think it’s really going to change my life in so many ways.   

 

2 Comments:

Anonymous cousin Marti said...

So happy for you Kate..great 1st month! You are now my "go to" for motivation. A lucky lady who deserve it all. Make room for one more supporter..do it Kate!

March 8, 2012 at 5:26 AM 
Anonymous Sara Wank said...

Yes, Maggie Wank is an incredible woman. Must explain why you're so stellar;) keep up the great work sista. We all love you so much and believe in you 100% I'm so glad you're writing these blogs!

April 15, 2012 at 8:51 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home