Blogs > Lighten Up with Kate

34-year-old Kate Bloom, of Willoughby, has plenty of support in her journey to get healthy. She wants to get back to being the active person she was as a youngster.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Bummer

I’m always looking for new and interesting foods to buy.  I love trying new vegetables or new diet products.  Last night at Heinen’s I was checking out the peanut butter section, because I love peanut butter and think it should have no calories.  Well lo and behold I found zero calorie peanut spread.  Sounds great right?  WRONG!  It was the worst thing I have ever tried.  This is coming from someone who pretty much likes everything.  It’s almost indescribable.  It was brown like peanut butter and it smelled slightly peanut-y, but it was like eating greasy chemical sugar.  And it coated my mouth, so I could taste it for a while after I was done.  Even after I ate something else I could still taste it.  I immediately through it out.  What a disappointment. 

If anyone has any suggestions for reasonable tasting low cal/low fat foods, let me know.

 

 

 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Sara Wank said...

The best peanut butter to ingest would be an all natural, no added sugars, pure peanuts/nothing but peanuts, etc. The no calorie peanut butters are missing an essential ingredient: peanuts. Heinens has the pure peanut butters but because of the peanuts, there will be fat, calories, etc. Very small portions will keep your calorie count low, which you already know, and I think you'd be surprised at how little you can get your serving size down and still get that awesome, peanut butter yumminess, taste.

April 15, 2012 at 8:42 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home