Blogs > Lighten Up with Kate

34-year-old Kate Bloom, of Willoughby, has plenty of support in her journey to get healthy. She wants to get back to being the active person she was as a youngster.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Drug Free?

I’ve started to add some weight training and some jogging to my workout and I must admit that my energy level is way up.  I haven’t jogged in years.  It’s pretty hard, but I feel so great once I’ve done it.  I can’t quite jog the entire time, but it’s going pretty well.  I “run” for sixty paces and then I walk for 30.  I intend to switch it to more “running” and less walking until I can run the whole time.  Sounds like a small step, but if you would have asked me to jog, four months ago, I would have told you that was crazy. 

This evening I am going to the doctor to see if I can get off the final pill I am taking for my blood pressure.  I have been taken off the other two for blood pressure and one for cholesterol, but I want to be med free.   That seems like such a big accomplishment.  It’s probably one of the things I am most excited about.  I’ll let you know what the doc says.  Have a great Wednesday!

 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home