Blogs > Lighten Up with Kate

34-year-old Kate Bloom, of Willoughby, has plenty of support in her journey to get healthy. She wants to get back to being the active person she was as a youngster.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

New Diet Plan

I’m attempting a new way to approach my weight loss.  I struggled a bit last month, but am feeling pretty good this month.  I’m not counting my calories as closely, but am really watching what I am eating.  I’ve stopped eating animal products for the time being and am feeling pretty great.  It’s a little bit of work to ensure that I get enough protein, but I think I’m doing a pretty good job.  I’m not saying I will never eat these things again, but I’m reading more and more about the health benefits of a plant based diet.  It’s nice not to have to weigh every little thing that I put in my mouth.  I’ll give it a week to see if I am seeing the results I want.  I hope it does, because so far this has been pretty effortless and I’m enjoying the food.  I’m really going to try to focus on how I feel rather than how I look.  If I feel good from good fuel, I imagine the weight will come off too.  I miss dairy a bit, but it hasn’t been too bad.  I’ll let you know if this plant based business lives up to the hype.  Stay tuned….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home