Blogs > Lighten Up with Kate

34-year-old Kate Bloom, of Willoughby, has plenty of support in her journey to get healthy. She wants to get back to being the active person she was as a youngster.

Monday, June 25, 2012

5k

3.1 miles is how far I went on the treadmill today.   That’s right….5k.  I jogged about 2.25 miles and had to walk about .75 miles, but darnit….I did it!  This might not seem like much of an accomplishment to some, but for me, this is huge.  Since the beginning of this contest, I have been using the elliptical, the bike, and taking classes.  I have recently started running a bit and at first it was ridiculously difficult.  I could do an hour on the elliptical, but couldn’t run for more than a couple minutes at a time.  Now I’m jogging away and not feeling like I’m going to fall down.  I have learned a few lessons, with my new activity, that I will pass onto you.

 

1.       Make sure your workout clothes fit properly.  Pants that will stay up on the elliptical, may not stay up during a run. 

2.       A good bra will keep those around you from talking about you behind your back. 

3.       It gets easier every time.  It’s not easy, but it certainly isn’t as hard as it used to be. 

 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home