Blogs > Lighten Up with Kate

34-year-old Kate Bloom, of Willoughby, has plenty of support in her journey to get healthy. She wants to get back to being the active person she was as a youngster.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Couple Weeks Left

I must say that I feel pretty amazing.  I cut out meat and dairy from my diet just to see if the pounds would come off a little quicker.  Not only have I lost a few, but I also feel really great.  It may just be in my head, but I guess that is where it counts…right?  I feel more alert and focused.  Could all the articles have been true?  I’ll have to do this a bit longer to come  up with a definitive answer to that, but so far, so good.  I thought I would be hungrier, but I don’t seem to be. 

It looks like quite a few of my fellow contestants are going to run in the Johnnycake Jog.  I’m going to be out of town, so I won’t be able to be there in person, but I’ll be there in spirit.  I will walk my 5K that day too, just not in the same place.  I want to wish all of them lots of luck and have fun!  I wish I could be there. 

Only a little over two weeks until this contest is over.  I have to admit, I’m going to be a little bummed.  I’ve enjoyed this journey more than I thought I would.  I’m still going to try to lose enough for first place, but it’s going to be tough.  Lisa Sheer is a tough competitor and has worked her behind off…literally.  Her achievements have motivated me to work harder and harder.  I think if she hadn’t done so well, I may not have pushed myself as much.  Being a part of this team of people has been a unique and incredible opportunity.  Everyone’s blogs have been amazing.  Sometimes you just need to see that other people have the same struggles that you do.  Laura Kessler, who runs the contest, has also been incredibly motivating.  She came to my house and worked out with me and I know she’s done the same for others.  I’ve also gotten the chance to work out with Desirea Thompson and Michael Kadlub.  I had fun doing the P90X with them, but it was tough.  I couldn’t have done half of what I can do now and the beginning of this contest.  I feel like I’ve already won!

 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home